Our parent homeBase+ series helps build positive parent- child engagement through parent education and support.
H-PEP partners with preschools and community organizations to bring you homeBase+ (hB+), a 5 to 6-week parent education series. While registration for all participants is mandatory, the sessions are free to join and open to the public. We are looking for parents and caregivers with young keiki ages 3-5, but if you have an older keiki and are still interested in attending, please let us know. For more information on current sessions or if you are a community group that would like to host a cohort, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or see below for a list of sessions.
We are looking for parents and caregivers who can attend all in person sessions, be able and willing to participate in pre/post/follow-up forms and come ready with positive attitudes!
For online courses, participants must have access to a computer, mobile device or tablet device, able to access the internet, and a Google account (learn how to register for a Google account here). Cohort 5, 6, and 7 participants must have a Facebook account and be willing to join our H-PEP Group.
Online Learning, In Person Bookmaking
- Keiki school readiness: Communication, Cooperation, Setting Limits, Solving Problems, Friendship, Building Confidence We will utilize the research based First Step to Success homeBase Curriculum)
- Building strengths, including clarity on your personal vision, values, goals
- Well-being and self- care focus
- Enhancing relationships and building community
- Early literacy and hands on bookmaking
- OPTIONAL Parent cohort orientation and Parent Keiki Slime Making Activity and Bookmaking. Lunch included
- One month of two recorded videos each week (estimated total of 20-30 minutes combined). Listen to at your leisure
- Membership and participation in our Facebook Group (2 posts encouraged a week per person) For online courses, participants must have access to a computer, mobile device or tablet device, able to access the internet, and a Facebook account. Previously, we used Google Communities (learn how to register for a Google account here).
- Goal setting and self- monitoring
- OPTIONAL Parent cohort orientation and Parent Keiki Slime Making Activity and Bookmaking. Lunch included.
- Neighbor island parents and caregivers welcome to attend (although they have to pay for their own transportation). If you are on the neighbor island are are interested in us coming to you to host a parent group, please contact us!
- This cohort was developed for parents of keiki 5 and younger, although all parents are welcome
In Person Learning and Bookmaking
Saturdays, 1-3 pm at the Lanai Community Health Center led by Coach Kristy Akana
- Tuesdays, 9:30- 10:30 pm am the Community Learning Center at Maili led by Coach Vanessa Crail
- Register by Sunday, May 29 at https://tinyurl.com/mailiparent2
Other past Sessions
- January 31- March 14, 2018 at 5:30 pm Community Learning Center at Maili led by Coach Kristy Akana
- January 29- March 12, 2018 at 3 pm Alani Children’s Center at Kapiolani Community College led by Coach Kristy Akana
- August 29- October 3, 2017 at 4 pm The Seagull School at Ko Olina led by Coach Vanessa Crail
- August 16- September 20, 2017 at 5 pm The Seagull School at Kapolei led by Coach Vanessa Crail
- November 2 – December 7, 2016 Wednesdays at 12pm Online Parent Education Series led by Coach Sue Mrazek
- September 16 – December 2, 2016 Fridays at 12pm Student Parents at Mānoa (SPAM) led by Coach Kristy Akana
- October 18 – November 8, 2016 at 9 am ARK of Safety
- July 14 – October 29, 2016 Thursdays at 12 pm Online Parent Education Series led by Coach Sue Mrazek
- January 29 – April 29, 2016 at 11:40 pm Student Parents at Mānoa (SPAM) led by Coach Kristy Akana